Equine Influenza policy
Flu Vaccination Policy for Equines Visiting Epsom RDA Premises
This policy has been adopted in line the RDA National Policy (April 2019).
All horses visiting Epsom RDA premises must have been vaccinated in accordance with the rules below and evidence must be produced when arriving at the premises (passport).
Our rules are as follows:
1. The horse must receive a primary course of two injections against equine influenza given no less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart.
2. Only these first two injections need to be given before the horse may visit provided the visit is before the first booster injection is due (see point 3).
3. In addition, a FIRST booster injection must be given no less than 150 days and no more than 215 days after the second injection of the primary course.
4. Subsequent booster injections must be given at intervals of not more than one year apart, commencing after the first booster injection.
5. None of these injections can be given within the seven days before the day of the visit.