The Trustees are pleased to confirm that we are re-opening again for our riders from Wednesday 2 December. This follows the announcement from the Government on the revised Tier system and the subsequent update from RDA National.
We will be operating under the same COVID-secure rules/risk assessment process in place in November as briefly outlined below:
- riders must be able to mount/dismount independently or with support of a trained family/household member.
- a trained family member or a volunteer wearing a face covering can hold the pony at the block and lead into the arena until the rider is fully ready i.e. girth, stirrups and position checked and good to go
- the rider must be able to ride independently, be led by a trained family member, or have agreed to leading by a volunteer wearing a face covering.
- Participants unable to ride independently may participate in scheduled pony visits, or pony care lessons as an alternative activity provided the participant can understand instructions around social distancing and working safely with the ponies
- The total number of people on site should be minimised and not exceed 30 under any circumstances.
There will be a further update to confirm arrangements over the Christmas and New Year period.