Epsom RDA Trustees decided on Monday 2 November to again suspend our riding sessions from Thursday 5 November for at least the next four weeks. This follows the announcement from the Government on Saturday 31 October and the subsequent update from RDA National on Monday 2 November – see extract below
“Unless any new information or exemptions are announced, all RDA groups in England will have to close from this Thursday 5 November. We expect this closure to remain in place for at least the next 4 weeks.
As before, staff and/or volunteers are still allowed to travel and be on site to take care of horses, as long as COVID safety measures and social distancing rules are followed……”
This is a particularly sad decision given the tremendous efforts invested in successfully making our site and procedures Covid safe for our volunteers and participants.
The Trustees will continue to monitor and review the situation with a view of re-opening service as soon as it is advisable to do so. In the meantime, our wonderful volunteers will continue to care for our equally wonderful ponies and our lovely grounds following the protocols established in March.